Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Something just moved outside...

Bethesada has decided to release a series of five, four-minute video clips of the soon to be released Fallout 3 on YouTube. Not only did watching these videos blow me away at how great an update of the franchise Bethesada has done, but it made me very excited to play it. Bethesada is the developer behind Oblivion, a franchise known for its engrossing gameplay where you can do such fun things as get arrested, buy property, talk to literally everyone, and develop a profession.

The link to Bethesada's YouTube page is here. The short playthrough shows the very early parts of the game and showcases a possible quest-line that allows you to commit a very evil act just for the entertainment of an old crazy rich guy.

Just from my small fanboy tendencies I already have it reserved with Gamestop, but there are rumors going around that if you reserve it on Amazon you can get a PipBoy alarm clock. Depending on your Fanboy-ish-ness it might be worth it. I only wish I could've been at PAX and grabbed the "Vault-Tec Survival Guide" which I probably would've hung up on my wall or something else borderline crazy.

I haven't talked about movies in awhile, but I also haven't seen any that have really blown me away or that have been worth talking about. This weekend I watched Doomsday (from the director of The Descent which ruled) and The Motel (a movie based on a book about growing up as an Asian-American), both of which were disappointing albeit Doomsday was entertaining in a campy kind of way. I really haven't seen something though since Children of Men that has really hit me hard. I can always tell it's a good movie when I have nothing to say, good or bad, when I leave the theater, hopefully that changes soon.

No comments: