Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm not the only one in on the joke...

I know for certain that I'm not the only one that feels Uwe Boll is bad news bears. So Black20 launching a trailer for Uwe Boll's new movie and having it stylized with dialog the only way that Uwe Boll can, is pretty genius. I needn't say more, check out the trailer for Contra: The Movie here.

Also of video game adapatation news is Paul WS Anderson's version of Castlevania is stalled until further notice. This is great news since I can only imagine what he would do with the story. Even though he relinquished script-writing and directing to a guy named Sylvian White, he is apparently still attached in some way. I personally hated what he did with all of the Resident Evil movies (making them either intentionally or unintentionally campy) and Alien Vs. Predator could have been so much better, I honestly though the heroine and the Predator were going to have a romantic make out scene at the end of AvP. Write up on IGN here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...I honestly though[t] the heroine and the Predator were going to have a romantic make out scene at the end of AvP...

Yes, and I also unfortunately wondered how they would kiss, and something brief and unappetizing about the mechanics of human-Predator interspecies mating.

I haven't really pinpointed what it is that Paul WS Anderson is doing that is unpleasing in his directing and producing (picking awful scripts (probably everything he's done except Event Horizon)? too much of his style of editing? dicey lead actors ("the Rock"; Milla Jovovich; Jason Statham; Devon Aoki)?), but he is a wonky film maker who cannot be trusted with Castlevania.

ihatemike! said...

I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly that puts me off of Paul WS Anderson. He has some of the best licenses to utilize for his films, but seems to go in a very odd direction with them. Event Horizon I feel when compared to his recent fare, is like comparing apples and shit covered apples.

I do think that a lot of bad directions his movies end up going are with the scripts, and there always seems to be that odd, unfulfilled love story that really shouldn't exist with two-dimensional characters anyway (Milla Jovovich and the Nemesis from RE2, another 'why in the hell' moment).